Thursday, December 07, 2006

A (Hopefully) Recurring Thread: Game Fuckups I Or My Friends Have Discovered (G.F.I.O.M.F.H.D. for the sake of simplicity)

So, I just wanted to post some video game fuckups that I have either personally discovered or my friends have discovered and told me about. Discovered fuckups can come from any official game related materials as well, e.g. spelling errors on posters or in game manuals. Who would care about such minutiae? Nerds, of course. Anyhow, I think it might prove to be fun (or in some cases funny) for those involved,
Here's the meagre 'list', it's just the beginning, I hope. Off the top of my head...

On the Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) timeline/poster the entry at 1852 reads 'Casletevania 64'. I never played the Casletevanias for N64 much, though I hear they are decent.

In Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) the item description for the Long Spear says something like "spear with an especially long haft". As long as the Long Spear's "haft" may be it likely wouldn't compare to my own haft.

In Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) when you use the Lich summon in battle, the word "Rich" flashes. I'm assuming it is something to do the Japanese to English 'r' sound to 'l' sound problem.

On the back of the Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories pre-order display box (not the actual game case) there was a spelling error in the game's description. If anyone remembers the actual error (yeah, right) let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home